Jun 18 , 2019
Hope you are all ok and enjoying this typically British summer weather at the minute! As I write this blog it is absolutely pouring down with rain! It’s the perfect time to sit down and do some crafting indoors.
I know it’s only June but us crafters think well ahead of time, I am already thinking of Christmas and making cards and home décor items ready for the festive season. I absolutely adore the Crystal art range of Christmas goodies, starting with the motifs, cards, canvases and LED canvasses, there is something for everyone. My all-time favourite has to be the crystal art stamp collection and the fact there are mdf shapes to match the Christmas collection is an absolute bonus. The MDF is available as a pack which includes the champagne glasses, the owl, snowflake, poinsettia, star, bells, Christmas tree and robin. I will explain with a step by step and photos below on how to use them.
For this particular project you will need:
♦ Feather and festive fun crystal art stamp
♦ Robin mdf shape
♦ Vintage Sepia versafine inkpad
♦ Craft Buddy gems in 2mm, 3mm and 4mm
♦ Crystal art sealer
1) Take your stamping platform (optional) and remove the foam pad base, place your mdf shape onto the base and place your robin stamp on top. Close the lid of the platform and let it pick up the stamp. Ink your stamp up and then press your lid back down pressing the stamp firmly onto the mdf, make sure you have a clear crisp image and then remove your mdf (if you don’t have a stamping platform place your mdf onto your craft mat, put your stamp onto an acrylic block, ink up, line up over the mdf and press firmly down all over)
2) It is now ready to decorate with whatever you choose. You will notice like the crystal art cards, canvasses etc the stamped images have numbers on them, this is to act as a colour guide if you wish
3) I chose to use gems on the robin, you will need 2,3 and 4mm sized gems, you could also use glazes, glitter drops, shimmer paints, enamel drops, glitters etc.
4) For added security I use the crystal art sealer, I put a dab of the sealer on the numbered circle and then using my pokey tool I place the correct gem onto it. Fill all the numbered circles with gems and allow to dry
5) Finish your robin off with a piece of ribbon and he is ready to hang on your tree
You could use these mdf shapes on cards, wreaths, gift tags, home décor and much more! They are fun to do and this is an activity the whole family could join in on. I would highly recommend giving the stamps a go, they are perfect for using up all your left over gems from your crystal art projects!
If you do try them I would love to see what you make over on the “crystal art group (put the link in)
Until next time………
Love Shar xx